Sunday 27 November 2011

Desperate Remedies

I have been riveted to Desperate Remedies by Thomas Hardy this week, so have not sewn much: just a bit of hand piecing 2" squares. Yes, I have ruled the 1/4" seam allowance in pencil on all of the cream squares, as if I don't nothing will ever go together properly! 

18 months ago I went a little crazy and cut hundreds of squares and triangles to make this quilt designed by Bonnie Hunter........................





.........but hand pieced using the method taught by Jinny Beyer.  If are interested in handwork, her book is amazing and even though it is expensive, you will never need another pattern book.  You can also see a demonstration of her method on the TQS website: this is a free show for non-members, number 313. 

There are enough triangles and squares cut for at least two quilts.  I will only make one by hand, the rest of the pieces will join the cut scraps