Wednesday 1 August 2012

Blowing Away The Cobwebs

I needed a walk after work-one of those days-so I drove to a spot on the North Downs in Surrey, 10 minutes away. I took my camera and strolled up the hill, looking for texture and pattern all the way.




I like the texture in this tree stump, especially the bit that has no bark.  this was quite high up, I couldnt get a closer picture.


There are huge, ancient beech trees: I love the light filtered through these trees.

Alien installations


All in a row. I have been fascinated by angles in rooves al my life.  I have no idea why!


Leaf miners-this may be useful for a quilt



Beech root texture


Ancient stump

Machine quilting?


Blissful viewpoint- I sat in the sun for half an hour and looked out over 30 miles to the South Downs in the far distance. I can't draw for toffee but I wanted to!