Wednesday 27 February 2013

On the cutting room floor

I've been cutting some 4 1/2" squares for the charity quilts from the 'not so pretties' I want to use up and 'large lengths'. I have to tidy up various piles of fabric before son number two arrives next week from his three month break in the far east.
I cut some strips for the bins too and some
4 1/2 x 2 1/2" bricks......










And some hexies whilst the fabric was on the table, for the brown flower garden/random hexie.........



and Darwin's flower garden.......

..........and the stash of diamonds for baby blocks-these are from the same size strips, 2 1/4", as the hexies.There are piles of cut things everywhere.

Of course, the waste string/crumb bin is now overflowing and needs sorting.  Job for another day!  I'm itching to start the charity quilts as I want to make a couple to practice my machine quilting before I do the moth in the window quilt.