Saturday 2 March 2013

The Big Clean-up!

I finished slicing this afternoon.  Some of the charity quilts will be basic 4" finished squares, some bricks and  I plan some stars to practice my flying geese accuracy. Then I'll tackle the tactile quilts.

 I have always felt that small quilts are somehow 'cheating' but after making the baby quilt I can now see how they are useful for practice.

I took the 'pledge' at Rossieblog-see the button top right.

I have pledged with 862 others: 

The goal of the process pledge is to create a new sensibility in quilting blogs where we don’t just show finishes or occasionally confess about our moments of indecision, but chat openly and often about our works in progress, our inspirations, and our moments of decision.

So please fee free to comment and offer me insights!

The links to all the other bloggers are on her page, just click the button (later!)

I have to admit to a small misdemeanor with regard to  my new years resolution: I was buying thread from
and they have started selling fabric. 

 I only bought 1 metre in the sale-the one I really wanted for making the crossbars in my planned churn dash quilt was out of stock, or it would have been 4 metres! 

The triangles for this will be leftover greens and greys that are already sewn up for moth in the window and the big green one.

Yet ANOTHER project!  But I am using up orphan blocks, so I guess that's OK.....

 I really don't know why this block appeals to me so much-when I make this quilt it will be for me!  I think I need a striped fabric for the bars, a strong look. 

I have a huge box of crumbs and strips left over from the latest round of slashing.

 I have an idea to use the crumbs in a raw edge way for one of the tactile quilts that I will wash to create texture before I send it off.