Sunday 9 February 2014

Linus



I found a string of corners I had sewn onto 2" neutrals-I had forgotten about these.  They were clippings from sisters choice in pink that I thought I may be able to use for something.  I am putting them together with more neutrals to make mini butterflies that I will quilt in variegated pink to boost their visibility, as they are rather disappearing at the moment.  The neutral squares are from the pre-cut stash. This will be a small Linus quilt about 40" square.


I have been reading this book for about a month now, I'm 2/3 of the way through, its a 1,200 page trilogy.  I thought I wasn't going to like this SF classic at the beginning, as it's not overly 'scientific'.  Themes of planetary evolution and inter species war are addressed then after a while the SF angle comes in (no spoilers!).  Aldiss is a wonderfully imaginative and articulate author,  I highly recommend this work. It is half the price on Kindle!  I bought the heavy hard-copy, which was still reasonable priced, as I want to lend it to my son. 


I am also dipping into

I wish maths was easier for me, I grasp something and it slips away again-I had originally hoped to do a physics degree with the Open University, but I had to rethink due to the maths!