Thursday 10 March 2016

I HAD to clean the sewing room first!

My latest charity make at the binding stage: I needed free motion practice so this one is quite heavily quilted.





 I usually make charity quilts the width of the fabric so I don't have to piece the backing but I miscalculated with this one, its about 45".  
*** 


I have been cutting triangles for the leader-ender project after raiding the 2" strip bin. 




They are sorted into groups of four


Bonnie Hunter's Scrap Crystals (More Leaders & Enders)


I sorted the odd ones separately, thinking I would make  really scrappy version: this morning I was reading my Kindle copy of More Adventures with Leaders and Enders and realised that the pattern uses these triangles, so I think a very scrappy version is on the menu! (Eventually)














Today the border went on this charity quilt (trimmings from a backing), and I am webbing another.

***

I have been doing some of these

***
 I have to keep a handle on the crumbs!



 All the trimmings of late have been binding trimmings or 2" ends, so today I sewed them into 10 1\2 inch strips to join the three sacks full I have already-I blitzed all my strings and crumbs before Xmas. I will save that mess for another post!